Work Schedule: Fixed
We have been creating bespoke CRM, ERP and financial software in Lancaster (UK) since 2013. The overall theme of our software is "digital transformation", that is, to help our clients to deliver better digital experiences and to help them to service more customers at a lower cost per customer.
We have a unique opportunity for PHP developers looking to branch out and learn new skills. In this role, you will use your existing PHP skills to maintain existing projects while being given time and space to develop new Python, Django and ReactJS skills to eventually develop on a wider range of projects.
• Develop independently or collaboratively on a range of PHP software projects,
• Work toward new skills with Python, Django and ReactJS,
• Provide input on upcoming projects, such as helping to estimate project scope,
• Build relationships with clients and help them to make informed technical decisions,
• Integrate third party services using APIs (most commonly Xero),
• Deploy appications to Linux servers, normally via Docker.
• Experienced in modern object oriented PHP development with MVC frameworks (such as Symfony and Laravel)
• Some experience using a frontend framework such as ReactJS or AngularJS,
• Proficiency in SQL and git,
• Theoretical understanding of web application security issues such as CSRF and XSS,
• Theoretical understanding of software performance concerns such as orders of complexity,
• Basic understanding of the Linux command line.
• BSc Computer Science, Software Engineering, Maths, Physics or similar.
• Quality, relevant professional experience may be substituted.