We know that, to put it nicely, Worldpay’s hosted gateway payment pages (“pay by link”) are a little dated. We manage because:
- They are the UK’s largest payment processor and one of the most cost effective,
- There are other options, such as “direct XML”, if you really need it to match your brand.
Recently, we found ourselves addressing a separate problem – the lack of integration between Worldpay’s core products and the Xero accounting system. There has been huge demand for this, for years. Worldpay ended up responding to this by bringing out Worldpay Online. Worldpay Online is their modern, easy to integrate payments platform that unfortunately is much more expensive than their core products. Despite a finally seeing a direct Xero-Worldpay integration, the community responded exactly as you’d expect.
Software development is what we do and, as active users and developers of both systems, we decided to take on the challenge of integrating the two systems as the community wants. The result is our second app, Coherent Pay.
Coherent Pay works well (we’re biased!) but the weak point is the part of the process where customers are redirected to a payment page that was probably built in the early ’90s and changed little since. With this in mind, we got our design hat on and created a new look for both pages (click to enlarge):
We’re releasing these, free of charge, to Worldpay users everywhere, whether or not you use our Xero integration!
How to install the new pages
- Log in to the Worldpay Business Manager and click on “setup”
- Click on “Edit Payment Pages”
- Choose your installation ID (probably called Pay by Link) and click Edit Payment Pages
- Click “Header and Footer”:
- Click “Edit Header” and then repeat the following steps for “Edit Footer” as well
- Paste the header (footer) code into the box and click “Save File”